Saturday, February 21, 2009

When We Were Young

Life can be complicated. Which is a good thing in a way, because life might be plain boring if it wasn't. But I do wish it wasn't so head-numbingly intricate sometimes.

Life was so simple when I was younger. Yes, I had problems, but they were easier to solve. For example, if my sister asked for some of my chocolate bar, and we didn't have a knife to cut it, the solution was simple. Don't give her any.
If I was playing the Xbox by myself and didn't want others to join, I would unconnect the other controllers and say they weren't working.

There was no, 'I can't do that because so-and-so would get offended' or 'don't mention anything about that thing to whatshername or she'll hate you forever' and absolutely no, 'don't you dare talk to Nancy because Jim's mad at her for no-one-knows-what-reason and he will have your hide if you as much think about talking to her.'

It was all about me. Me first, me second, and if there was anything left over — I had to have that as well.

You get in my way? You get hurt? Boo-hoo to you.

I'm glad to say, I have changed. I've grown up a little. I've started to care about other people more and I have a new tactics for problems. Nowadays, if someone asks if they can play the Xbox when I want to play by myself...

I flat out say, "Nope!"

Honesty is the best policy!

No comments: